Sunday, October 7, 2007

I want to thank you, thank you...

I know, I know, it's been a while, and probably no one is reading this anymore. But in case I'm wrong, in honour of Thanksgiving, here is what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my families - the one I was born into, the one I married into, and the one I've created with my husband. And I'm thankful for the family of friends who surround me and support me on a daily basis.

I'm thankful for a career that I truly enjoy, for work that is fulfilling and meaningful, and for which I am quite well compensated. I'm thankful that I live in a country where I'm free to have a career outside the home if I choose to.

I'm thankful that I'm one of the people this weekend who ate too much, and not one of the people who didn't eat enough. I'm thankful that I had enough food for my children and no one at my table had to go without.

I'm thankful that I have my wonderful husband. And I'm thankful that I didn't make the mistake of marrying one of the other guys I dated (note to any of them reading this - nothing against you, guys, you're fabulous. You just weren't right for me, and I wasn't right for you. Not in the long run, anyway)

I'm thankful that in university I met someone who helped lead me back to my faith. I'm thankful for the faith community of which I am part. And again, thankful that I am free to worship as I choose, where I choose.

I'm thankful that I have twice had the experience of living in a country other than my own. I'm thankful for the friends I made in Finland, especially the ones who are still part of my life.

I'm thankful for chocolate.

I'm thankful that I'm in good health, and that my family is, too. I know I'm very lucky to have had three uncomplicated pregnancies and three healthy children. And I'm thankful that when I wanted to get pregnant, I did. I know it's not that easy for everyone. I'm thankful that the growth on Em's thyroid was benign. I'm thankful that Tatiana is home and getting better every day. I'm thankful that my mom survived her heart attack last year. I'm thankful that Mim isn't suffering.

On a more lighthearted note, I'm thankful that Rylee is sleeping through the night. I'm thankful that the gr 8 trip to Quebec is going ahead in February, and that I'll get to go. I'm thankful that Rylee isn't quite walking yet.

I'm thankful that I have too many blessings to list here.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Silly Canadians, Thanksgiving in October? I'll never understand it. :)

I'm still reading! I'm thankful for YOU and so glad that your life is so full of joy and bounty.

xox
daph