Friday, October 19, 2007

There she goes...

Yes, for the two people (maximum) reading this who aren't on Facebook, Rylee is walking! She had her first birthday last week and decided it was about time she tried getting around on her feet instead of her hands and knees. She still crawls some of the time, but walks more and more each day, and is getting better and better at it.

Not much else to report. Everything continues to go well, which is great for me, but rather boring for blogging. Tomorrow I am acting as a co-interpreter for The Mennonite Story in St. Jacobs (the small tourist village where I teach, which is in the heart of Mennonite country). If it goes well, it could become a standing gig, which would be pretty cool for a French/history geek like me. Ryan is travelling less, which makes me happy. Sammie and Hailey can't keep their room clean and are still adorable. Sammie has started hockey and really likes it, which is great. Hailey still loves gymnastics.

Yesterday as I was dropping the girls off at the sitter Hailey gave me a big squeeze before I left. As I was walking out the door I heard her saying to the sitter, "Kris, do you want a squeeze?" So cute! This morning I asked Sammie if I was getting a hug and kiss. She yelled back, "No," so Hailey came over and gave me another hug and kiss. She's so affectionate.

Well, since I have nothing else to say...

2 comments:

Jodi13 said...

I'm still reading...

Daphne said...

Me too! Gotta keep up on the adorableness reports!!