Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Well, it's 10 pm and I'm exhausted. So was Rylee, who didn't sleep much today but still refused to fall asleep until a few minutes ago. I think. I'm actually just on the computer because I don't want to walk downstairs and have to come back up in five minutes when she wakes up. This is the third time I've put her in the crib and I heard her still murmuring for a while but I don't hear her now, so here's hoping...

We went to Sammie's school today for an observation session. It was so cute to watch her working with her little friends. We got to see some of her work, and talk to her teacher. Apparently she's doing well in everything except scissor usage. She holds the scissors with her index and middle fingers over her thumb, but she's making it work for her. To think I've worked so much with her on colours, letters, numbers, etc and all this time she should have been practicing cut and paste :)

The woman who babysat Sammie and Hailey for the first few weeks of the school year watched Hailey and Rylee while I was at Sammie's school. Hailey was very happy about going there again, and not at all happy when I came to take her home. Rylee was apparently not quite so happy about the whole thing, but it was only an hour, and it was her first time having someone other than Mommy or Daddy take care of her...no, wait, my dad watched her for about an hour one night, too. Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, she will now take an ounce or two from a bottle! Ryan's brother's girlfriend got her to drink from the bottle on Sun at the family do, and the babysitter managed a bit today. Yippee!

The appointment yesterday went well - the ob said everything seems to be healing well and I can resume all my normal activities, including exercise. Now I just have to figure out what form of exercise I would like to resume/begin. I've been trying to watch what I eat for now, which is helping with the weight loss. I'm not dieting - I know I still need extra calories while I'm nursing - I'm just trying to make healthier choices. I think I'm doing pretty well.

Okay, strange sounds are coming from the nursery...I guess I'd better wrap up in case those sounds turn into cries.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Hopefully Sammie will be able to get her scissors skills up to par so she can get a good mark in Scissors 101. :)

(see, I used the word 'mark' instead of 'grade', just for you)